Villa Annoni

Villa Annoni

During the 1700s and the early 1800s it was quite usual for the patrician Milanese  family to own a Villa, a farmhouse in the countryside, palaces and castles located close to the city.
In Cuggiono a sumptuous palace in napoleonic style was erected for the Annoni family who assigned the project to the Genoan architect G. Zanoia (1752 1817). The work started in 1809.

The main building is incorporated into a complex of buildings with a U-shaped plan and it opens onto a square, Piazza XXV Aprile. The courtyard is closed off by two slightly lower wings  and the building covers an area of 4.000sqm.
In the northern part of the Villa, through the windows of the anteroom one can catch sight of the park, rich with local and exotic plants and at 230.000sqm the second largest park of its type in Lombardy (after the park of Monza).

The whole property was inherited by the Count Cicogna family of Milan. It was later bought by the Bellora-Negrisoli family, industrialists from Gallarate who transformed the building into their residence.
In 1979 the building and its park was bought by the town council of Cuggiono.


The fountain in the courtyard   The Park   View from the back   Neoclassic temple